Thursday 26 April 2012

Swim A Mile

Last Friday 20th April all the T.Ys went to the N.A.C to take part in Annual Swim a Mile with A Swim. Everyone was really excited and so was I. We left School at 9:30 am and arrived in the N.A.C at 10 am. Everyone got dressed and then arrived at the poolside. My mam and dad were both there to sort everyone into their lanes. I started the swim off by diving in first and I started swimming my mile....
Everyone was so enthusiastic and couldn't wait to start. When I finished my mile in 18:30 minutes I was so happy because it was a P.B. No one else was finished so I started another mile. When everyone else was finished they all got Tee shirts and Bags. Anyone who swam the mile on their own got a Swim a Mile cap:)
We all got dresses really fast because we were going to Blanchardstown for Food.

We counted the amount of miles we swam and it totalled to around 42 miles, beating the previous record by 17 miles!!
I think everyone enjoyed themselves and I was so happy that everyone got involved because it meant alot to me for my Year to take part in this event.

Eiméar x

No comments:

Post a Comment