Thursday 10 May 2012

Scifest............ and the winner is

Yesterday all of the T.Ys and a few first years went to the Scifest competition in the Institute of Technology in Tallaght.. Scifest is very like the BT Young Scientist but it is easier to get into!! We all left school really early at 8:15 am and arrived at the venue around 9am. We started to set up our stands and put up our poster and report book. The judges started to go around and ask us alot of questions about our project to make sure we knew it all. After lunch the judges went around to each stand to ask the final questions and all the students went to varies lectures. I went to 'Fighting Crime with Science' and ' Exploding Jelly Babies' I really enjoyed both the talks. After the judges had finished and the lectures were over we had to take down our displays and we found out the winners at the closing ceremony.  St.Wolstans won alot of the awards which was amazing. Well done everyone who took part. I really enjoyed the trip and the experience.

Eiméar x

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I'm guessing it's like a school science fair? I had a question about Transition year. I'm from the U.S. and we have 4 years of High school, and I noticed you are 16, so would that be like a junior in high school? Just wondering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Ireland yo u start primary school for 8 years (5-13 years )and then go onto Secondary School for 6 years, Year 4 is Transition Year(13-18 years) so I think T.Y is like been a junior in high School !!

    ReplyDelete