Tuesday 17 January 2012

The Vibe in St.Wolstans and Beyond !! :)

Well I just thought I would check up on Mrs.L's blog challenge on her blog and for January we are asked to write a blogpost about your school life in St.Wolstans so this is what I going to try do,
I am in my 4th year in St.Wolstans and so far I am loving it............. even though there has been a few bumps on the path I'm still alive !! When I first went into 1st year I was beyond petrified, it was such a different feel/Vibe then primary school because you were always the biggest there and the school community was alot smaller and you new everyone plus it was alot easier to make friends. After a few weeks I settled in and the teacher were always their is you needed help.

St.Wolstan's is a brilliant school and it has such good facilities and sports to offer to those who can't do them after school for some reason. It also offers creative activities like choir and yo-yo. St.Wolstans has a great atmosphere and general vibe. Whenever you walk into St.Wolstans you never feel threatened or unwelcome because it is a very comfortable and fun environment.
When I did my Junior Cert. last year the teachers are all so focused on you to help you achieve your full potential even though the 6th year were doing there Leaving Cert. which is just a bit more important!!  I feel great to have a school were i can just come in without feeling like I don't want to be.

Onto my school community, There is a student council where there are two representatives from each year where if you have any recommendations to improve/ benefit your fellow students you can confront one of the student council members and they can put it to the principal/Vice- Principal. For example we have alot of space outside so the student council members suggested a swimming pool but it got declined because the fund weren't available. The student council benefits the school community because if you are not that confident you can confront your peer student council member and they will put your point across. My last point is the Peer menotrs which are a group of trusted and caring students who are avaliable for there year to come to if they have a certain problem in school i.e. Bullying or a problem with a teacher. The peer menots will try sort you out without confronting or telling anyone your problem and if you want them to tell a cetain teacher or the chaplain they will but they would never tell anyone if you don't want them to :)

I hope I haven't bored you with my essay on " The Vibe in St.Wolstans and Beyond !!"

Eimear x

No comments:

Post a Comment