Thursday 15 March 2012

Brave Force.............. Only if you are Brave !!

Yesterday all the Transition Year went on a Adventure to say the least!!
We all set out to Brave Force, Puddenhill Co. Meath which is a big, purpose built 7.5Km Army Assault course.
The Assault course is meant to challenge you both mentally and physically and believe me when I say it pushes you way out of your comfort zone. Everyone had been looking at the Brave Force Website. http://www.braveforce.ie/ and we were all really excited but slightly nervous, most people weren't looking forward to the water obstacles. We left school at 10.40am after a Internet Safety Talk From a Pat Mckeena which I will blog about later as it really made everyone thing :0.

When we arrived at Puddenhill we all had our Racing clothes on and went into a big room to get our acing numbers. When we were all ready to go we found out two other schools were in the race too but they only brought like 10 students each who were all trained and from the Cross-Country team which was slighty unfair because we all knew they were going to win before we even started.
At the Starting Line we all had to warm up and then the horn blew and everyone set off running up a huge hill which was uneven and mucky.
I took to a steady jog and loads of people were legging it around until five minutes later they were out of breath. I am really Competitive but didn't think I had any chance of coming in the top ten with all the cross country runners in our school and the people who do athletes.

The first obstacle was under ground and you had to lie on yourtummy and crawl to get to the end. Someother the other obstacles were when you had to ump over these wooden bars that came up to my Neck !! There was alot of running between obstacles and mucky obstacles where you have to litrally throw yourself into the mud and then run to another obstacle which was really hard as the water and mud was weighting you down:)

The last 1 Km was the hardest because I was so tired and my leg had turned to jelly. Me, Sarah M, Aoife O'N and Ellen Mc were all running together and we came to the last obstacle which was a huge cargo net which we had to climb :O Orla and Emma.B had come first and Second and I thoguth the otheres were in the showers but there were no others we had come 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th :) I don't know about the others but I was so happy but was so tied and Cold. There was alot of photgraphers around the course so I can just imagine some of the pictures they took !!

At the Awards ceremory St.Wolstans T.Ys didnt win anything except a plague to say we had the most enteries and the best turn out :D I was so happy I did this Challenge as I felt I challenged myself !!

A very Tired an Bruised Eimear x

No comments:

Post a Comment