Tuesday 13 March 2012

Swim a Mile with A Smile:)

Well I just thought I would Blog about the Swim a Mile With a Smile as well I love swimming, my parents organised the whole event and its for two very worthy causes. The Swim a mile is obviously a Swim but is in Aid of Child Cancer care and Barretstown, which is a camp where you go to deal with the lost of a sibling to Cancer. My brother, Ian died at the age of 11 to a rare Brain Tumour. It was really hard especially because I was only a child and we were so close but Barretstown helps you cope with the loss .  Here is a link to the offical Event Page. http://swimamile.webnode.com/
 

The Smile a mile occurs over two days at the end of April in the National Aquatic Centre and to complete the Swim you try swim 64 lenghts............. With a Smile of course :) So far the event has raised over €384,000 :O

All the Transition Years will be getting a Talk about this event by My Dad in two Weeks and Will be taking part after the Easter holidays. Everyone can't wait for it but didn't realise it was 64 lenghts of a pool and 1600metres !! I can't wait !!

Eimear x

4 comments:

  1. Cant wait for the event Eimear! Its for such a good cause :) WOW 384'000?! you all should be so proud <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aoife :) I know just added it all up its great, Cant wait for when all the T.Ys are doing it, it should be great fun !! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Great blog! I just read an article on the internet about this event. Is it for any age group?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thanks for commenting on my blog. This event is suitable for all age groups. You can get together in groups and break the mile up( 64 lenghts of of 25m pool). This event offically takes place each year in Dublin, Ireland but people from all over the world have swam the mile in their local pool and then took pictures and sent their sponsor card to the organises of the event. This year the event is taking place on April 21st and April 22nd.

    I am in Transition Year and my my year group are all taking part and we are all going to try finish the mile !!

    Do you swim? Do you like sports in general?

    Eimear

    ReplyDelete